I originally had the idea of taking a shot of my chiropractor from the vantage point of me lying on the table with her about to adjust me. I was torturing the poor receptionist, a very sweet woman by the name of Alejandra, by straight out announcing she would be current victim and she took it all in stride.
She did a fairly good job at ignoring me with a camera all up in her space, laughing self-consciously a couple of times, but for the most part went about her work. I think she is used to my husband and I and our antics, so maybe a camera in my particular hands wasn't all that odd to her. Alejandra graciously gave me permission to post this shot.
This photo is actually underexposed (meaning not enough light, too dark), I think I bracketed too far down from the "proper" exposure, but it was my favorite of the group. I chose not to use Photoshop to lighten the shot because I like the photo as is, not as a photo that was "oh no, that's a great shot, but it's too dark!!"
I love how, even in the "darkness" of the shot, her face is accentuated by some light highlights and how visible it is by the framing of her dark hair. The red of her shirt is toned down by the underexposure, as it was quite blinding red in the other more "proper" exposure" shots. The white line of the tops of her glasses gives an interesting compositional line. I also like how the low light gives her face an extra softness, something slightly mysterious.
This photo is better viewed at a larger size, so the link will take you to the "Extra Large" setting size, so you may have to scroll a little bit. If you want to view a smaller size, click the "L" up at the top where is says "Sizes", or choose whatever size you prefer. Most of my photos, I will link you to the "L" size, unless otherwise noted.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment