Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Four - Peacock Feathers

My kingdom for a macro lens. I can't get very close with my current (and only) lens without parts getting blurry or out of focus. I like shooting up close so a macro lens would be very helpful in this. Like in those nature shots where the flower is right up in your face and crystal clear.

I took some shots of some of the other things on my mantle but I've noticed the thing about "things" is often they look much better in black and white. But I didn't think of it in the moment so I chose the close up shot of the peacock feathers that was mostly in focus.

The lighting is not my favorite and I really wish the outer feathers were in focus but I would have had to pull back to get them to focus (lens issue) and I liked the framing, so that wasn't really an option. But it was the "best" out of the bunch so here it is.

No comments: